Author: Josefa Dimalanta, Mercedes Isleta, and Adelaida Manalo
Cultural Arts Series
The quality Filipino-crafted Cultural Art Series consists of separate and integrated programs in Music, Art, and Physical Education (MAPE). It has notable features designed to make MAPE subjects interesting and effective to teach and learn.
Lessons in physical education are well presented and illustrated
Offers well-organized and integrated programs for music, art, and physical education!
The individual worktexts of the series are:
Musical Wonders, grades 3-6
- Comprehensive content covers lessons on sound, pitch, beats, accents, and meters. Its integrated lessons enrich the concepts and skills in art and physical education.
- Experiential lessons build up the skills and concepts in music and develops every pupil's appreciation of and inclination to this cultural art form.
- Provides varied, challenging, imaginative, and enjoyable activities like singing, rhythmic work, ensembles work and movement, including games and dances to develop the pupils' creativity
- Uses the world-renowned Kodaly concepts of music education to facilitate better and faster understanding and appreciation of music
Discovery in Arts, grade 3
- Offers exciting art concepts and experiences through projects that challenge learners to explore their aesthetic gifts
- Engages pupils in varied creative art expressions like drawing, painting, printing, and the like
- Fosters creative art values by encouraging pupils to create original and unique art compositions through a series of organized art exercises