Fat Content 10 - 12%
Moisture Content 5.0% maximum
pH 7.0 - 7.5
Fineness 99% minimum
(Passing thru 200 mesh)
Standard Plate Count 20,000 col/g max.
Molds and Yeasts 50 col/g max.
Coliform 10 col/g max.
The ideal storage conditions for cocoa powder are as follows:
- cool and dry place - the presence of moisture hastens flavor deterioration
- storage temperature of not more than 2ºC - elevated temperatures tend to destabilize the structure which may result to lumpiness and change in color
- keep away from direct light - exposure to direct sunlight or other heat source causes unfavorable changes in the taste profile
- rodent-free and insect-free
- absence of strong-smelling products - cocoa powder has a great tendency to absorb the smell of such items as paint, soap, coffee, and spices
- Customer pickup
- Transport company