Author: Dr. Gloria G. Salandanan
BEC 2002 Compliant
21st Century Science and Health
1st Century Science and Health series includes concepts originating from the physical and biological sciences. It presents interrelated concepts in an integrated manner.
- A science-made-easy book that complies with the Basic Education Curriculum 2002.
- The series highlights the following:
- Discoveries or investigations that are designed to make use of indigenous materials found in your very own community
- Use of simple language that can easily be understood by students
- Illustrations and student-centered activities that make concept presentation more interesting
- Value-laden activities that can enhance value formation of young minds
- The teacher's role in facilitating the students' construction of meanings and ideas
- A continued evaluation of the students' experience that leads to self-directed learning
- Learners' active participation in the activities